Featured Post

words

my thoughts are mine as such my words are mine they form inside my head they brew a storm of pure emotion mixed with thought a dash...

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

little white pill

there's more to me
than that little white pill
there's more to me
than i get from a drug
i am a human
i have a heart
and a brain
and a soul
that is tearing apart.
they tell me i'm destined
to do these great things
they tell me i can do
whatever i dream
but it comes with an asterisk
a bit of fine print:
you can't do it without
that little white pill.
but this is who i am
what i am
how i'm made
are you telling me now
i'm improperly made?
am i defective
will i fail as a human
did God overlook
some careless mistake
that i have to suffer
that's madness i say
that i can't be without
that little white pill.
i'm convinced of my value
with no drugs in my blood
it's not much i'll tell you
so you'd better ask God.
so i guess now i'll ask You
will my purpose still live
if my blood can flow free
from the drugs that they give?
will i choke under pressure
of doing Your will
if i don't choke down
that little white pill?

-D.B.

3/27/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment