Featured Post

words

my thoughts are mine as such my words are mine they form inside my head they brew a storm of pure emotion mixed with thought a dash...

Thursday, December 12, 2013

orchestra of the heart: turning

can you hear my heart turn
as it palpates to the beat
of a song so sweet
but steeped in the past?
it draws on the strings
of my heart and mind
makes me yearn for the times
when i first heard their sounds.
i move to the rhythm
and sing off the beat
while the songs just repeat
and i'm lost in the music
i'm lost in the music
and song after song
i yearn for what's gone
and forget what i have.
forget my new song
forget naught but
a song so sweet
that draws at the strings
breaking the seams
steeping my mind
in the times of the past
sweet song after song just
moving to the rhythm
palpating to the beat
and my heart turns again
my heart turns again...

-D.B.
12/12/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment