Featured Post

words

my thoughts are mine as such my words are mine they form inside my head they brew a storm of pure emotion mixed with thought a dash...

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

fly

to fly from one tree to another
to leave the safety of this nest
wove with down from my loving mother
tended by the love of all i've met.
to fly to branches unknown as yet
have i now the means to fly?
now i look down 'pon myself
and see that i have fully fledged.
perched on a branch and yearning to fly
fly to a nest i've never seen
set on a tree i've scarce explored
where nests a most beloved bird:
patience has he with my indecision
strength he shows in the passing moments
compassion he gives with each complication
love he gives without reserve.
wings i have and feathers too
desire and soul that longs for you
how soon shall i fly there? soon please soon
i'll conquer the fear and fly out to the blue.

-d.s.b.
6/16/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment