Featured Post

words

my thoughts are mine as such my words are mine they form inside my head they brew a storm of pure emotion mixed with thought a dash...

Saturday, October 29, 2016

pretty gold cage

like a bird
in a cage
i can't fly
i can't sing
i can't see the sky
or feel the air
to be given wings
with feathers to fly
to know my real purpose
but not be able to rise
from my perch
in a pretty gold prison
i sit all the day
and cry all the night
mourning a life
i don't understand
one with space to grow
one with room to become
what i was made to become
not sit in a pretty gold prison
with a pretty gold key
that i stare at all day
but out of twisted values i stay
and watch the key turn
twisting and teasing
tantalizing
torturing me
just within reach
till i turn too
and ignore the truth
that i am afraid
to touch the key

and be free

-d.b.
10/29/16

1 comment: