Featured Post

words

my thoughts are mine as such my words are mine they form inside my head they brew a storm of pure emotion mixed with thought a dash...

Monday, May 6, 2013

5/6/2013

hollowed out
no spike in my blood
no punch in my words
no spark in my eyes.
all i have for the world
is a mind full of spite
that's all i can share
i just cannot fight.
there's nothing i do
that can bring back the vigor
i'm trying, i swear,
but i just can't succeed.
there is only one
who can carry me through this
i asked Him to help
and he reached out His hand.
i wanted to grab it;
by then, i'd been poisoned
to believe i was hopeless
so i all but ignored it.
now enmity creeps
between me and my demons,
it's always been there
but i see it more clearly:
when you give into them
and they all but control you,
they leave your heart hollow
and your soul ever lonely.

-D.B.
5/6/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment