Featured Post

words

my thoughts are mine as such my words are mine they form inside my head they brew a storm of pure emotion mixed with thought a dash...

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Leaves (Part 2)

Then when nudged by
my love
you thought it best ignored.
And thus, neglected felt
my love
and that great leaf was torn.
And now you see
my honesty,
but what to do with this?
How to take
my honesty
and crush it in your fist?
You try and try but
my honesty,
resilient in its youth,
can't be but
my honesty
though I left it all to you.
But, my dear, when all
those leaves
of trust and love are gone,
the one that's left,
my honesty,
will not last for too long.
The edges of
my honesty
with time will start to tear,
and then all of
my honesty
will die when I can't care.

-D.B.
4/20-21/2010, 9/26/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment