Featured Post

words

my thoughts are mine as such my words are mine they form inside my head they brew a storm of pure emotion mixed with thought a dash...

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

calming the demons

there's not much going on today,
i can't say much for it.
the demons came to haunt me
but they've calmed down a bit.
my senses, they were fooled,
it happens time to time,
but for now they're sleeping,
those demons and their lies.
i've muted them with music,
some new notes to my ear,
blunting them with sound
so the notes are all i hear.
i've closed their eyes with chemicals
that flow right through my brain
sedating them with stimulants
so life can find its aim.
so with this odd concoction,
i'll hold them off tonight.
i know this won't get rid of them
but someday, something might.
so until then, i end today
with this to say for it:
those demons, they'll keep haunting me
but for now, they've calmed a bit.

-D.B.
4/9/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment